I have an interview today for a English teaching position in Barcelona. Apparently there's a qualification most places are looking for called the TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language). My options were:
A) Spend $1000 and the next month (at least) obtaining this qualification
or
B) Put it on my resume and hope no one asks for proof
You can guess my choice. For the record, this is the first time I lied on my resume, and the only time I intend to. I justify it by knowing A) Apparently it's standard practice around here, and B) I am one of the few people I know that knows what a gerund is and can use the subjunctive tense properly. This could be exciting, we'll see what happens...
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ha! awesome!!
I would watch some of the basics though. I caught a little conflict with your "a" vs. "an" in the first line....
:-)
But seriously....Stacey's cousin taught in Prague for about a year. She loved it and still talks to her students every once in a while. I'll have to ask her what she did about the teaching certificate.
Post a Comment