"Ding!"
Warning: this post is PG 13. I'm feeling a bit brash.
According to the conventions of formal written English, which of the following best completes the following expression: "I kicked the GMAT's ass!" exclaimed Craig. "I scored __________"
A) fucking seven-hundred seventy!
B) seven fucking hundred seventy!
C) seven hundred fucking seventy!
D) seven hundred seventy! Fuck!
E) Any of the above.
I'm both proud and relieved. My essays were strong too. I'm eager to see the results.
Apparently I had the test center up in arms because I type too loudly. Seriously. One of the other test takers complained that my typing was distracting him, and the center had to call in a British guy on his day off because they didn't know the polite way in English to ask me to keep it down. By the time anyone said anything to me, I was done with the essays. First of all, perhaps I was a bit nervous, but this is the first time anyone's ever commented to me that I type too loudly. Secondly, they had earplugs available. Finally (and most importantly): Jesus Christ! Battle conditions buddy! When you drive your company into a hole, the board's not going to want to hear that you couldn't make critical decisions because your Qi was off as your office wasn't designed according to feng shui. Mount up, cowboy! The British guy gave me the real story afterwards--the complainer was bombing, so he was doing his best to legitimize his story that test conditions were unreasonably poor, as such a complaint earns him a free retest.
In any case, it's done, I'm happy, and it's time to both celebrate and relax the rest of this trip. I'm going to start this weekend by smoking Amsterdam out of weed, and buying 3 hookers at the same time. If mom is reading this, or if I ever run for political office, I'm obviously just joking. I'm going to celebrate by having tea with friends.
I'm closing in on a somewhat normal sleep schedule--exciting. I got up at 7 this morning and though I'm exhausted now, I'm not gonna nap so I can actually sleep tonight. If I get to bed before midnight it'll be a record for this trip.
Till next time.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment