London was great, and came with a pleasant surprise: I'll be applying to business school in the fall, and through a friend of a friend, I somehow ended up subbing in for the London Business School softball team in left field. Knowing my strength was my speed, I saw the opportunity to show off when a pop fly was hit to shallow left, but then proceeded to overrun the ball, allowing a double! On the next batter I caught the third out, redeeming myself enough to join in for drinks after the game, which, by the way, are effing expensive! It was really cool meeting some of the LBS crew; I'll likely apply there this fall.
One of the coolest parts of London (and Europe in general) is the diversity you see on the streets. Every person you pass is speaking a different language, and there's all kinds of restaurants & cultural "blocks" of the city. I definitely want to live in a world city for my next stint in the professional world.
After three days I had seen all the big tourist sites, and though I could spend a lot longer there to absorb the culture, it was time to move on. I booked a train to Belgium on Wed the 16th, and I was off.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment